Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Trust

A little over one month ago I wrote about attending a woman's retreat. There God was encouraging me to remove my 'steel door' mask and trust Him. Trust Him. There's the rub. Then I was not sure I could trust Him. All I could do was cry out, "Help me trust You." And He lead me to Exodus 15:13

With your unfailing love you lead the people you have redeemed.
In you might, you guide them in your sacred home.

I prayed, "Lord, lead me. Guide me. Let me hold on to your hand." And He replied, "Child, you are already in both of my hands."

I was learning to trust.

So today in my one-year Bible I'm in the book of Deuteronomy (1:31-33). Moses is making his final speech to the people of Israel before they take over the promised land:

You saw how the Lord you God cared for you all along the way as you traveled through the wilderness, just as a father cares for his child. Now he has brought you to this place. But even after all he did, you refused to trust the Lord your God, who goes before you...guiding you..."

It struck me. After all he is showing me - all these blog posting proving that He is talking to me, going before me and guiding me - will I be like the Israelites? Will I still be unable, or should I say unwilling, to trust the Lord my God?

I know trust is my issue. Lord, I believe you go before me and guide me. Help my unbelief.

No comments: