Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hormones

Hormones. If I could rid myself of one thing in this world, it would not be my propensity to sin. It would be hormones! Yesterday, they were running rampant and I was struggling to see clearly through them. I literally called Sam over to correct him for some childish "boy" thing he was doing to his sisters, and by the time I got him in front of me to talk, the only thing that I could say was, "I have nothing reasonable or wise to say to you." And I just got up and left. Hormones.

So I sat down with my Moe's burrito that night and started writing all the things that I knew to be true, despite what the hormones were falsely leading me to believe. The thoughts went something like this:
  • The Truth will set me free. So what is Truth?
  • I have a God who loves me
  • He has a plan for my life. A plan to give me a hope (!) and future
  • He is with me - lo He will be with me 'till the end of days
  • He is holding onto me (not the other way around). Why don't I just rest, and stop trying to wiggle free?
Later that night, God put the exclamation mark on this conversation by having someone read 2 Cor 12:9-10 to me:
My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weakness...For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Rest in my weakness. Watch the Lord work out His strength. Oh Lord, help my unbelief.

p.s. Sarah wanted to show off her special hairdo...and Sam wanted to show off his special creation.


No comments: