Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Encouragement to Write

So I ran across someone today who asked me if I'm a writer. Hmmm. A writer, no. That would imply that I actually write something down. And maybe even that someone else reads it. But it got me thinking. And I thought that the very few of you who read this blog may just qualify as 'someone else to read' the 'something that I write down.'

In light of that, I thought I would start writing down the little insights God grants me in my quiet time. I am a forgetful person. (Hey - if each child took 1/2 of my brain at child birth, then I'm only left with 1/16 of what I started with. It's not my fault.)

Anyway, I don't want to forget the little things that He brings my way. So I'm going to start writing. About Him. And I hope somehow, that in being the 'someone who reads it' you will also be blessed by His Words.

2-10-10
This weekend I had the opportunity to attend a woman's retreat. We were encouraged to take off the masks that we continually wear and lay them down at His feet. What mask, you ask? How about that one that makes everyone else think that you've got it all together. Or how about the one that says, "I don't need any help. I've got it." Or the one that helps you see all the mistakes another person is making in their life, and blinds you to any of your own. My particular mask was prophetically described as a steel door. One that lets very few people in and that would only be removed by melting, or refining...hmmm.

So I laid this at His feet. Not knowing how to begin to remove it, I cried out, "Help!" And then just sat down to read His Word. My one year bible has me in Exodus. The children of Israel have just crossed the Red Sea and are singing a song of deliverance on the other side:

"With your unfailing love you lead the people you have redeemed.
In your might you guide them to your sacred home." (Ex 15:13)

"Lord," I prayed, "lead me; guide me. Let me hold your hand."

And God answered, "Child, you are IN both of my hands." Praise God!

p.s. That adorable little girl is my friend's daughter. I took the picture!!! So cool.

No comments: