Pages

Friday, March 27, 2009

God Speaks, Part 2

This past week has been extremely difficult. We started out with three confirmed cases of Strep Throat (Sam, Emilie, Sarah), one case of Pink Eye (Jack) and one fungal infection (Sarah). Whew! That combined with Spring Break, and family quarrantine to stop the spread of germs, was enough to put me over the edge. Thursday I jumped...and fell deep in to the pit of self pity, despair, and frustration. Thankfully, God is a merciful God and sent many, many friends and much encouragement to rescue me. Here's a small part of the story:

I've been working through the Bible Study, Experiencing God by Henry & Richard Blackaby, and am currently in the chapter about seeking the Truth inthe circumstances of your life. The author asserts that, "You can not know the Truth of your circumstance until you have heard from God." So I asked. Here's how that conversation went:

Me: Lord, why? Why do we have to go through this deployement now?

God: I have come that you may have life and have it abundantly.

Me: What? How is this abundant?!

God: You will be changed and I will be glorified.

At this point, the only thing I could think of that would be God-glorifying was bringing Jeff back home safely. So God continued...

God: I love you enough to take you out of "danger."

(Aside) "Danger" is where we tell the children they have gone when they disobey. Through loving discipline, they are brough back to "protection."

Me: Really, God? Is this You talking? Or just me talking to me?

God: Only God can reveal spiritual truth. We are going to work on taking down your 'idols.'

Of course, I did remember at this point that I have asked God for this very thing. I didn't know it would come in this form.

Me: How?

God: Meet with me every day, and let me show you how much I care.

This week has been about seeking the Lord, and finding His Love. Everywhere I turn, He is reminding me of how much He loves me. He brought the Israelites out of Egypt, "simply because He loved them" (Deut 7:8). Nothing can separate me from the Love of Christ (Romans 8:35). I have loved you with an everlasting love. I have drawn you with loving-kindness. (Jer 31:3).

I'm heading to the commissary now, and I plan to listen to my new iPod playlist which I've entitled The Love of God. I can't wait...

No comments: